About Virginia Western
- About VWCC
- Administrative Offices
- Maps & Directions
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Leadership & Governance
- Legal & Policies
- Emergency Preparedness
- Strategic Plan - Success 2021
- Event Facilities
- Off-Campus Facilities
- Educational Foundation
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Marketing & Communications
- Career & Corporate Training
- Employment Opportunities
- Mission & Vision
- Community/Met Opera
- Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity is a core value at Virginia Western Community College. We are committed to promoting a culture and practice of inclusion and empowerment.
Virginia Western defines diversity as the celebration of the unique contributions of all individuals, stemming from, but not limited to, the traditional categories of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation and socio-economic status.
We are Western--a college community united in our individuality.
Did you know?
- Our diverse student body is comprised of students from 8 major ethnic groups.
- The mission of Virginia's Community Colleges is to "give EVERYONE the opportunity to learn and develop the right skills so lives and communities are strengthened."
- There are 5 minority-majority institutions in the Virginia Community College System.
- The Office of Disability Services assists in facilitating accommodations for all eligible students.
- Virginia Western has numerous student clubs and organizations. If you can't find one that matches your interests, you can start a new one! Click on "Student Clubs & Organizations" below for more information.
Diversity @ VWCC
Mission, Values, Goals
Virginia Western Events Calendar
Student Life Office
Student Clubs and Organizations
Military Student Center
ADA Campus Map
• I’m a student at Virginia Western pursuing an Associate’s degree in Science. I plan to focus future studies in Psychology.
• I’m from West Palm Beach, Florida.
• I moved to Franklin County in 2002.
• I enjoy learning and am interested in human development and behavior. I like to watch Netflix originals like Big Mouth, Bojack Horseman, and Mindhunter. I also enjoy spending time with my family.
• I like the programs at Virginia Western that are made to help students get through college like TRiO and the food pantry!